The following are some tips to help you optimize your portrait session. If you have any questions about the tips then please feel free to contact us and we can discuss what will work best for you.
- For younger kids it’s usually a good idea to have the photo shoot earlier in the day while they still have energy. If we have the photo shoot later in the day then please make sure they get a nap so they’re refreshed during the shoot. You are their parent/guardian so you know how they act during different times of the day.
- Make sure the kids are fed before the photo shoot so they think more about having fun at the photo shoot and not when they can get something to eat.
- Try to have the whole family wear the same color tops (i.e. simple white or black t-shirts) but be aware of the background that we will be shooting in front of. For instance if we have a photo shoot at
, you don’t want to wear red or lime green tops. That would blend in or clash too much with the background. We want you to be the focus of the pictures not your clothes and we don’t want you to blend in with the background. Botanica Gardens
- Don’t wear any loud colors or patterns. Remember, we want you to be the focus and not the clothes. There are special instances where the loud colors and patterns would work to our advantage so please contact us.
- Depending on the length of the photo shoot we might be able to accommodate outfit changes. One clothing change every 15 minutes for adults and one every 20 minutes for children is normal.
- Props might help with the photo shoot so don’t be afraid to bring them along. Just remember that some times we have to walk to a site so you wouldn’t want to bring anything too large or cumbersome unless you’re prepared to carry it.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.